Sunset Smoothie Bowl RECIPE + HOW TO
Smoothie bowls are fun and easy to make, plus they look beautiful. I love sunsets (who doesn’t?) so I’m bringing to you this smoothie bowl recipe inspired by sunsets! Feel free to adjust it to your liking.
For the smoothie base you will need…
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of diced strawberries
- 1 sliced nectarine (or peach)
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (my absolute favorite is Organic Valley Grassmilk yogurt)
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
For decoration I used…
- A slice of a tangerine (for the “sun”)
- Sliced nectarines
- Sliced strawberries
- Let’s Do Organic unsweetened coconut flakes
- Organic edible flowers (I found these near the organic fresh herbs)
1. Blend together the frozen banana, 1 cup of diced strawberries, 1 sliced nectarine and 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt (do not add the blueberries yet).
2. Pour out half of the smoothie into something with a spout to easily pour later (I used a glass measuring cup)
3. Add the blueberries and blend.
4. Take the cup you poured the pink smoothie in and the blender pitcher with your purple smoothie and pour them into a bowl at the same time, on each side.
5. Use a toothpick to swirl the colors together in the bowl.
6. Decorate the smoothie bowl however you want! Since it is sunset themed, I kept to the colors pink, purple, yellow, and orange. I used coconut flakes so they can be the “clouds” and a slice of tangerine for the “sun”.